WANT TO GROW IN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE?
Here are some ways to do it!
Buy a Bible you will love!
- I recommend New American Bible (That's what we read from in Mass)
- Don't have a bible? Check out the Life Teen Bible
Or find one you like at the Daughters of St. Paul Catholic Bookstore 243 King St, Charleston, SC 29401
Listen to Podcasts about the Sunday Readings
- Sunday, Sunday, Sunday by Mark Hart & Life Teen
Listen to before going to Mass
- Bulldog Catholic : Fr. Michael Schmitz
Listen sometime during the week after you go to Mass
- Formed.org: "Opening the Word" (Must sign up for Formed to view! It's free!)
- We are currently in Year A
- Even though the dates are different you can find the Mass Reading Reflections by finding the video
that connects with the reading Ex: "25th Sunday in Ordinary Time"
Buy a Scripture Reflection Guide
- Unleashing the Power of Scripture
- Inspired: A Bible Companion for Teens
On the go? Check out these Apps/Websites
- USCCB.org - Allows you to always look at what the Mass readings will be for a coming Sunday
- Laudate App - The Ultimate Catholic App
- The Bible in a Year Podcast - Start at any point & take 20mins a day to have scripture read to you & explained.
WHERE SHOULD I START READING IN THE BIBLE?
- Gospels! You are already familiar with them so start there so you can get in a habit of reading the Bible.
- Another alternative is a Bible Reading Plan like THIS.
- It's not about how fast you read scripture its about praying with scripture.