Sponsor Information Form
Please submit by November 15th
Certificate of Confirmation Sponsor Qualification
Please submit this form to the front office by January 17th
Reflection Google Form Sheet
Please submit the Sponsor Interview Reflection Sheet by January 31st
- A sponsor must be at least 16 years old
- A sponsor must be a fully initiated Catholic
Received the following Sacraments: Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, & Confirmation
- A sponsor must be an active Catholic
Attends Mass Weekly & Confession at least yearly
- A sponsor must NOT be a parent of the one who is being confirmed
The parent took on the role of guiding their child in faith at Baptism
- It is desirable (not necessary) that the one who undertook the role of Godparent at Baptism may be the Sponsor.
SPONSOR MUST BE SOMEONE:
- Who the candidate can easily talk with
- Who will model the faith for the candidate
Prays daily, lives a moral life, continue to grow in his/her faith, serve others
- Who will partner with the candidate to discuss any issues or concerns that candidate may have about the
Catholic faith & his/her new commitment through the Sacrament. Ideally, the sponsor and candidate would
talk at least once a month. If they are out of state call/skype to make sure you have that monthly discussion.
SPONSOR MUST BE PRESENT:
- Confirmation Rehearsal: TBD
Sponsor & Candidate are the only ones that needs to attend.
If one of them can't be there a parent must step in as a proxy.
- Confirmation Mass: TBD
Candidates, please arrive by 5:30pm in Grace Hall. Sponsors, please arrive by 6:30pm.
LEFT: Your sponsor should be a practicing Catholic. This video explains what that means.
RIGHT: This video will answer what you are called to do as a Confirmation Sponsor.
2nd part answers the question about female priest as well.
That part isn't connected to Confirmation but can answer that question if you are interested.